Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Beginning

First thing's first. Let's start with the reason behind the creation of Geek Chic. Most of my life I have been thrown into this society that has seemed to come to the conclusion that being a nerd or geek is a bad thing. Being a dork is a poor quality to them. To many those of a nerdy disposition are only good for being the smart kid who loves comic books and gets beaten up.
Well, my dear society, I disagree with a fierceness. Being a smart nerdy individual is something to be proud of, and I wear my pride.
Fashion is a passion of mine, as is breaking stereotypes. Geeks don't have to be poorly dressed, we have our own unique looks that are filled with awesome. And here, is where I plan to share my own style and hope to give tips to some of us who might like some advice.
For starters let us start with a basic rule: stay true to yourself, no matter what.
For some reason people feel this peculiar need to conform to other's ideas and opinions even when that idea is not really what they think. Me? I say screw that. I know what I like, and yes, it is perfectly acceptable to listen to other people and what they have to say but not to the point where an individual has to pretend to be someone they are not.
This rule applies to all factors of life, including fashion. If you love what you are wearing, then don't change! The commentators may have some good advice, but if they simply don't like the outfit then laugh and keep on rocking life.

No comments:

Post a Comment