I admit that the little nerdy tee's about Invader Zim and Sailor Moon sold at Hot Topic are adorable, but you shouldn't wear a shirt about a subject that you barely know anything about.
I, myself, have been a strong Jhonen Vasquez fan for the past decade or so; which doesn't make me an expert by any means, but does give the distinct advantage of knowing what I'm wearing when I put on my purple Gir shirt.
You don't need to watch every episode of a show to avoid poser status, just watch a couple of episodes, or at least look into it so you know what you're wearing, so that you can have a proper conversation about your adorable new shirt with someone who does love the show.
Summary: buy all the cute shirts yo want, just make sure you know what the subject on your shirt is. Being a poser is not a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment